The WSRO is a member-supported organization. Member benefits include both classroom and field training, clinics, and mentoring; as well as a wide range of refereeing and developmental opportunities.
The WSRO Membership year is the calendar year, coincident with the USSF badge year. WSRO dues are separate from, and in addition to, any fees paid to US Soccer or the Eastern New York Soccer Referee Association for referee certification and registration.
Annual Dues have not change for the last 10 years, and are as follows:
- New Referee course: $40 for the badge year of the course, payable separately from the course registration fee.
For courses taken between July 1 and December 31, membership will begin on the date of successfully completing the course, and run through December 31 of the following year. (For example, a participant in a WSRO-sponsored course given in September, 2022 would be paid-up for the balance of 2022 and all of 2023.)
For courses taken between January 1 and June 30, the membership period will extend only through the end of the year in which the course was given.
- Annual membership: $60. Membership for a year begins on the later of January 1 or the date that dues are received and ends on December 31 of that same year. There is no proration for partial year.
The Executive Board may waive the dues requirement:
- For Board members on January 1 of the membership year;
- For students at an out-of-area college who are not available to referee for a substantial part of the season; or
- In rare and exceptional cases that are in the best interest of the organization, on a discretionary basis.
Dues are non-refundable.
The WSRO does not currently have any reciprocity or dual membership arrangements with any other referee organization.
Adopted by the Executive Board, April 2, 2019